Job Profile Summary
Responsible for supporting the team with accounting and reporting services, helping to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a Supply Accounting Analyst
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting.
In this role You will:
- Adhere with the tasks outlined in the QMS Systems of GBS Europe
- Support the American stakeholders
- Manage hydrocarbon related invoices
- Controlling the completeness and integrity of accounting processes
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Monitor of open items / overdues and incoming/outgoing payments
- Reconciliation of billed bulk sales with stock/purchased quantities
- Ensuring all movements correctly priced & accounted for and all adjustments made
- Support the analysis financial results of product cost
- Participate in automatization projects, support process improvement
We have the following requirements:
- Finance related degree or Good knowledge in Finance area
- Intermediate English knowledge, another language knowledge is a plus
- AP Process experience is desirable
- Working 4 days/month in afternoon shift (in closing period)
- SAP and Office tool knowledge is an advantage
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and strong financial understanding
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and external contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Home office: up to 3 days/week - based on team agreement
- Wide range of opportunities after the expiration of the fixed term contract
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop, Phone for private usage
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.
Experience Level: Intermediate