PwC is a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people around the globe who are committed to delivering the highest quality solutions in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Our actuarial practice has over 1,000 specialists in 36 countries providing life, health and non-life assurance and advisory services to the insurance industry, its regulators, and other financial services providers.
We specialise in helping financial services companies create, sustain and increase shareholder value by adopting a value-based approach to the issues they face.
As part of the world's largest professional services organisation, we draw on the extensive knowledge of accountants, risk managers, performance improvement consultants, tax advisors, as well as corporate finance and business recovery specialists. We advise a wide range of clients in traditional areas of actuarial work such as reserving, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, exit solutions and capital modelling.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Advise the clients in moving towards the new insurance accounting rules (IFRS 17) through the different steps of the project, helping clients translate the theoretical accounting concepts into practical operational solutions;
- Participation in projects related to the implementation and testing of PwC IFRS 17 software solution;
- Accounting and valuation of life and non-life technical reserves of insurance companies under IFRS and local GAAP;
- Work in teams with PwC colleagues of other departments, as well as with PwC international actuarial team (in this role you will have the opportunity to travel and work on international engagements and/or in multidisciplinary teams);
- Day-to-day interaction with clients – working on actuarial assignments, anticipating and identifying risks, escalating issues as appropriate, applying standardized actuarial procedures and participating in performance improvement solutions;
- Effective application of professional standards and firm’s policies and procedures;
- Establishing, maintaining and strengthening trusted relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure supreme service delivery and positive outcome for all stakeholders.
- University Degree in Actuarial studies, Mathematics, Statistics or Informatics (Actuarial qualification is an advantage);
- 1-5 years actuarial experience at insurance companies or big 4;
- Experience in modelling including
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and VBA programming
- At least intermediate knowledge of Python, R, SQL or other database solutions
- Prophet and other actuarial systems will be an advantage
- Ability to design and document solutions for actuarial models;
- Accounting technical skills is an advantage including Solvency II regime and IFRS standards;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Willingness and availability to travel and work on international projects.
- Flexible, dynamic, challenging and interesting work in the actuarial practice;
- Experience in the field of actuarial analyses, relating to reserving and IFRS17 related projects;
- Experience in supporting the implementation of PwC IFRS 17 software;
- Young and international working environment, strong company background;
- Participating in projects, possibility of cooperation with international clients and major local clients;
- Potential secondment in Europe;
- Fast, professional and technical growth;
- Competitive salary and additional benefits package.